Old May 1st 11, 12:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
mm

Default 92mm vs. 90mm Case Fan

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:30:24 -0400, Daddy wrote:

I'm looking to upgrade the case fan in my Studio XPS 8100.

The existing case fan is a Foxconn PVA092G12M. There's scant information
available from a Google search; this is either a 90mm fan or a 92mm fan.
My question is: Does it matter whether I use 90mm or 92mm? It's 2 lousy
millimeters.

I'm only asking because there are hardly any 90mm fans on Newegg - and
none with 3 pins, but there are tons of 92mm models.

Daddy

Penn's right. It might even fit, probably will -- the screw only has
to cut one little groove at one place in the hole perimeter -- and if
you have to make holes larger, maybe you should make a couple holes in
the metal case larger so the same screws fit all four plstic holes.

An excuse to buy a new tool, a reamer that has a T-handle and will
make the metal hole larger, a tiny bit at a time.