Old April 30th 11, 10:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Daddy[_4_]

Default 92mm vs. 90mm Case Fan

Pen wrote:
On 4/30/2011 11:30 AM, Daddy wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade the case fan in my Studio XPS 8100.

The existing case fan is a Foxconn PVA092G12M. There's scant
information available from a Google search; this is either a
90mm fan or a 92mm fan. My question is: Does it matter
whether I use 90mm or 92mm? It's 2 lousy millimeters.

I'm only asking because there are hardly any 90mm fans on
Newegg - and none with 3 pins, but there are tons of 92mm
models.

Daddy

I found it right off. 92mm
http://www.notebookparts.com/product...n.php?II=57471

Yes, I saw that one as well. But sellers on eBay describe it as 90mm.

My question is, does it really matter whether I buy a 90mm or a 92mm
fan? I mean, if I'm wrong on the size, I'm only wrong by 2 millimeters.

Daddy