Old March 6th 05, 02:02 AM
Wayne Fulton

In article ,
says...

Hey.

I have not set up my A8V system yet, and it will be a while I think.
I was wondering something. There is a parallel Raid connection on the
board, can it be used at the same time as the Sata Raid of that
controller?

In fact, can all three Raid setups be used at the same time, for 6
total Raid drives?

There are two, the VIA controller and the Promise controller.

Each disk controller handles four disks (2 SATA, 2 Parallel), and each
can do RAID (or can do individual drives too). They can both be used.
I have two RAID disks on the Promise, and one disk and one CD on the VIA

Each controller is very versitile, many choices and combinations,
including multiple RAID arrays. I dont know if all eight drives can be
in one RAID array, but I dont otherwise see how we might have 4 arrays
with only 4 drives?

The A8V manual has a section on RAID at section 5-6.
Also the A8V CD has some manuals on RAID.