Old September 8th 19, 10:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Phil Reynolds

Default Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 01:26:44 +0000 (UTC)
lid (Computer Nerd Kev) wrote:

Phil Reynolds wrote:
In recent weeks the display on my Lexmark CS410dn has started
flashing a lot - that is, coming up plain lit then going out,
repeatedly, or going out and relighting with detail on it.

Is there a simple cause for this? Something I could check and
reseat? Or, is there some underlying cause I could check for with,
say, a multimeter?

The printer still performs all printing functions as expected, and I
cannot afford to replace it with anything at present anyway.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. If it was the printer software
resetting randomly then the printing functions would most likely also
be affected (though I wouldn't rule anything out entirely). Maybe a
loose/corroded power connection to the LCD display, or else a failing
internal power supply powering it. It could also be the circuitry in
the display itself, in which case your only hope is another printer
of the same model to raid for parts. There may be a service manual
online, though I don't know where to look for Lexmark ones.

Indeed, I've not turned up a service manual yet. I'd be a lot happier
to investigate further if I could find one.

Don't go poking around the power supply unless you know what you're
doing.

A worthy warning to the uninitiated, of course. I don't know much about
the internals of these particular printers but such things generally
are within my knowledge.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: