Old February 27th 04, 01:46 AM
MarkW

Default Using Thinkpad R50 Wi-Fi with Linksys WAP

I just bought a IBM Thinkpad R50 computer which has the built in Wi-Fi
b/g. As well, I have a linksys WAP that I was using with my previous
laptop that had a Linksys Wireless-G card and it worked fine. I am
having trouble setting the Thinkpad up to work though. I have tried
it without any encryption and it works fine. Yet I don't want to go
without encryption but I see a lot in the linksys manual about
WEP/passphrase not being compatible with most non-linksys products so
does this mean I can't use any type of encryption or is there some way
around this? The manual mentions manually entering but I'm confused
about what I'm supposed to do. I know I could just use my Linksys
wireless-g card but I would rather use the built in networking if
possible.