Old November 8th 19, 04:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Solved: Playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 with driver version 0.0.0bug !!!!

OK, Reporting back on my findings:

0. Formatted USB Stick to 4 GB FAT32.

1. Downloading Sparky Linux Game Over Edition went OK.

2. "Burning" Spark Linux Game Over Edition to USB Stick with Rufus went OK.

3. Booting into Sparky Linux Game Over Edition on USB Stick went OK.

4. Installing Sparky Linux from USB Stick to USB Stick went OK.

(
FAT32 partition was resized to 4 GB
Extra primary partition created, mounting point set to \
(subtracted 32 GB from size for swap parition below)
Extra linuxswap partition/file system created, 32 GB
GRUB boot manager or something like that installed on usb stick dev\dbb or something
)

5. Booting into Sparky Linux full install on USB Stick went OK.

6. Upgrade Spark Linux to latest system went OK.
(Keep moving mouse to avoid screensaver).

7. Tried to play a game with Lutris:

Company of Heroes played OK.

8. Tried to play Star Wars Battlefront 2:

Game does not start.

9. Tried to play F1 2018:

Game does not start.

I looked into this I tried to upgrade Wine to a staging edition/experimental edition by doing these steps:

https://www.linuxuprising.com/2019/0...velopment.html

10. Upgrading wine system to 4.19 (staging) went OK.

11. Starting Battlefront 2 in lutris:

Returncode: 91

Apperently it's not working for some reason. Do not know why.

I do read that Battefront 2 is currently only working for the steam 1.1 version or something.

I am not interested that much in steam right now, find it unnecessary complexifing gaming experience.

This might be the end of my experiments with Linux and Wine and Battlefront 2.

I guess the Linux technology is not yet capable of running this particular version of Battlefront 2.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.