Old July 13th 03, 01:23 PM
slumpy

Default Is this bundle worth it?

threw back my head and roared with laughter as *** HAWK continued:

Hi,
I am looking to buy a new bundle as my PC is in need of an upgrade, I
am
looking at this one below currently £185.35 inc VAT

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...4&GrpID=1&s=pl

Here is the spec: -
AMD Athlon XP2400+ 2.0 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Thoroughbred)
processor

Win CPU-Fan Socket A/7/370/FCPGA FSP82, Max AMD XP 2700+

Crucial PC2700 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2.5 6ns Unbuffered, Non-parity, 2.5V,
64Meg
x 64

MSI KT4V-L mainboard for Socket A Retail, KT400, ATA133, ATX, USB2.0,
AGP8X,
Sound

What you reckon?
Also.. what power supply would be needed for a spec like this, note
that I
currently use 2HDD's. Or is my current 300W PSU enough?
Thanks

Almost identical to mine...so here goes:

mobo and processor (inc heatsink and basic fan) - £125 (today at computer
fair)
memory - £40
fan - not sure, think about £8

So if I decided to stick with the fan supplied (runs OK at 55 degrees) I
could do the lot for £165 (plus £2 to get in), and probably get a discount
as I know the guy pretty well (got £88-worth today for £80 cash).
--
slumpy
no more