Old April 9th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

Default More HD or more processor

"PA" wrote in message
Hi,

I am assembling a new PC and have a quick question... Should I put
more money buying a quad core processor and 1 HD 500GB or a dual core
processor and 2 HD 250GB in raid?

I was thinking in the first option, but a friend told me 2 HD working
itogether will make the pc faster.

I use relatively heavy databases and intensive statistical
programming.

Thanks in advance.

PA

Your friend is right, but I'd suggest a third option. Go with a cheap 500GB
hard drive, plus two cheap 250GB hard drives in RAID. The 500GB drive is
for backups. I'd suggest Acronis True Image for automatic scheduled backups
of the entire RAID array. -Dave