Old September 19th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jefferson

Default DABS invoices

"Palindrome" wrote in message
m...

A friend has been trying to buy a 1kGBP laptop from them since last
Friday. For delivery tomorrow. Total shambles. In the end of a saga too
boring to recount, I suggested today that she bought it elsewhere and got
her dabs account cancelled. If it is that difficult to actually buy
something - Heaven knows what it is like trying to get some after sales
service...

They haven't changed then. When I started uni three years ago I bought a
laptop from Dabs to arrive a week before I started - they bodged up the
order and I'd left for uni by the time it arrived. Incidentally, the laptop
was a Toshiba - piece of junk. Went with them for brand name, best spec
Toshiba in a not-unreasonable budget. Supplied with Windows XP, virtually
unusable with the supplied RAM, Celeron processor and onboard (shared
memory) graphics. Grr. Whole experience put me off Dabs and Toshiba for
life.