Old January 20th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default How do I change the HD mode in the BIOS in presario 4840?

I just recently aquired one of these older things and I am trying to
install Linux on it. I managed to install it once. Then just after
adding a graphics card all hell brakes loose on this thing.

I believe I have found a solution, and it requires for me to change the
Harddrive mode (LBA thing). How do I change it!?

There is no upgrade for the bios. I looked it up at HP for firmware.

Any help be most helpful

z0manifest

Compaq Details
160 Gig Samsung Harddrive
Diamond3D Stealth 32Mb memory

PS
By the way to get linux SuSe 10.0 to work on a Compaq Presario 4840 with
the the standard onboard graphics ATI Rage 4mb , use LiLo