Old September 15th 04, 08:35 PM
Jean-Luc PICARD

Jochen Kaiser wrote in news:cia0ek
:

Have you ever thought about implementing a simple SW-Raid5?

I must say I didn't, and what you explain sounds quite interesting. Just
two questions :

- I am not (already) a Linux user, despite all the good things I think of
it. But as none of my friends uses it (and could help me), I've always been
waiting for a "quieter" moment to try it... and it never came... Do you
think a simple SW-Raid5 shoud be a good solution too under Windows ? And if
not, is it possible for a Linux newbie to build such a server ?

- what minimum CPU should be enough for what you suggest... I've some "half
old" mainboards (such as with Athlon 1800 +) that could be used if they
match the minimum requirements...

Thanks anyway for your answer...