Old August 9th 15, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eric Stevens

Default Problem saving screen profile file.

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 08:39:26 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-08-09 05:26, Eric Stevens wrote:

I don't think the problem is anything to do with the colorimeter.
Something new has clashed with the software.

Some people often have problems with clashing colours, so no surprise.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...ement-settings

Nope: it's nothing to do with that. My problem is that the colorimeter
can't now save the profiles that the color management needs to use.

Can't find a Win 10 guide, but the above may lead you into the
appropriate rabbit hole.

Been there, done that.

Obligatory snide and superior Mac comment follows. If you MS users
don't feel like being humiliated (again) you may stop reading here.

On a Mac you would just open SysPrefs - display - color and select the
profile of interest (or calibrate from there). You could also use your
colour calibration widget and its s/w would save the new profile which
in turn would be accessible as above (or set it itself).

It's supposed to work more or less like that in Windows also, and it
would if the Spyder was able to save it's newly generated profile.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens