Old May 3rd 07, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,sci.electronics.basics,comp.arch
David L. Jones

Default Advantages of Parallel Hz

On May 3, 3:53 pm, Radium wrote:
On May 2, 10:40 pm, "David L. Jones" wrote:

You can buy and/or build a PC like that right now.
Solid state IDE hard drives are available, and there are plenty of low
power industrial embedded PC's around that don't need fans and can run
on couple of watts. You could run 98SE on almost any low power
embedded hardware platform.
If you don't want the IDE drive you could even use DiskOnChip.

Could I plug in my SB16 ISA card into this PC? I really like my old
SB16 card because of its FM synth.

If it has an ISA bus slot, then yes.
PC-104 format is popular with low power embedded PC's, but ISA and
other connector and form factors are available.
You can get PC-104 format SB compatible sound cards.

You can plug a solid state IDE hard drive into ANY PC. If that PC is
low enough power not to need a fan, then you have your "dream" machine
with no moving parts or noise.

Dave.