Old September 28th 17, 02:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Bill Cunningham[_2_]

Default old computer acting odd

"Paul" wrote in message
news
Bill Cunningham wrote:

I will check the cables. The monitor could have a bad connection. I
really didn't think of that. You speak of geometric squares. Well I have
seen them at times. Not for a while though. Some of them flash.

Bill

Check the fan on the video card. Flashing squares could mean
bad video RAM on the video card, or a GPU problem.

I turn the machine on and can hear things loading and booting and the
screen is dark. Then the box pops up enter power save mode. So the screen
just isn't coming on.

Bill