Old June 25th 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Western Digital "Recertified" Drives - How Reliable.? ? ? ?

"Bob" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:29:02 -0400, CBFalconer
wrote:

I corrected this before adding my suggestion that the drives are
running too hot, and to look to the cooling system. After removing
the evil top-posting I see that had already been suggested, and
lost in the confusion.

I do not know if this was recommended but people should implement
MotherBoardMonitor.

http://www.3degs.net/index.php?page=...ebfiles&file=9

It has provision for tracking SMART temp so you can at least see
something like a spike.

According to WD tech support, the Caviar line has a max. service temp
of 55C. That's plenty hot.

--

"It's impossible to obtain a conviction for sodomy from
an English jury. Half of them don't believe that it can

Hello Bob, Cooling was not an issue as each drive in my computer has air
flow on ALL surfaces. I suspect a bad run of the drives - or a bad desigh
as Seagate only made these drives for a short time. Then went with a new
part number...!

Starz_Kid...