Old June 24th 06, 02:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Western Digital "Recertified" Drives - How Reliable.? ? ? ?

Hello Group, About a year ago, I bought 2 WD Caviar SE-Serial ATA drives
(WD3000JD) within a week of each other. Installed them in the computer and
used them for VIDEO_TS directories - using the second drive as a backup.

A few months ago the first drive DIED...TOTALLY.... within a week, the
second drive DIED..! I

Bummer......... Although I did back up ALL of the data when the first drive
failed.

Went through the warrantee process with WD and within a week, I had 2
replacement drives.

BUT... they are labeled as "Recertified" - Ohhhhh... Bummer..!

My experience with Refurb, or remanufactured, or "Recertified drives isn't
really good...!

Should I trust these drive with DATA or...

Should I just use the drives as doorstops..???

Wondering..!

Starz_Kid...