Old January 25th 04, 07:18 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

Peter R wrote:

What`s the reason for the apparent emnity between these two.Mike always
appears very helpful when a subject is raised.

From: smh
Subject: Audio and Data files on same CD
Date: 1/20/04

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote (1/18/04):

London Midland & Scotland wrote:

Nero does it very well, Its a Mixed Mode CD..

Which is essentially without value unless you are a very skillful
programmer

Without value when data and audio can be contained on a single cd?
Is programming necessary when simply containing data and audio on a
single cd?

without value unless you have ancient hardware.

Ancient cd players will attempt to play the data track.

Again, please see the material on multisession in one of the usual
references: the CD-R FAQ or the primer at my WWW site.

Is Mixed Mode back to multisession, Mikey?

========================
From: "David Oseas"
Subject: Why can't i make a mixed-mode CD?
Date: 5/17/01

Mike Richter (Friggin' ****) spewed:
Marc van Lierop wrote:

If the disc is single session

It isn't.

How did you find that out?

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition.
I found it out by reading the definition.

Mike, I must respectfully disagree with you on this point. We were
making Mixed-Mode (Yellow Book) disks at Philips long before the
multisession (Orange Book) standard was approved. The definition of
Mixed-Mode may have been extended to include multisession discs, but
it is by no means exclusive to multisession. See the following
links for the original definition of Mixed-Mode:
http://www.cinram.com/pdf/mixedmode.PDF
http://www.cinram.com/pdf/cdgloss.pdf

If Adaptec's glossary states Mixed-Mode is multisession only, I'll
have to contact them to set the record straight.

-Regards,

David Oseas (former Philips CD-i / CD-ROM / MPEG Sr. Engineer)

Briefly: A Mixed Mode disc will not play in a conventional audio CD
machine; in a modern CD-ROM, it will play only the audio; in an old,
single-session CD-ROM with appropriate programming it can combine audio
tracks with data - but I know of no such disc ever published. Of course,
given the limitations and the fact that modern CD-ROMs are multisession,
there is no chance that one ever will be.

Wow! Wow! Wow!
What a Friggin' **** !!!