Old May 16th 17, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Disk Drive Problem

II want to burn an audio CD on my W7 PC with its single DVD RW drive.
I am having problems. Although the BIOS recognizes the internal*disk
drive, and will boot from it, W7 will not recognize the drive at
all.** Strangely,* file explorer shows a strange disk drive P, but it
never works.* Keeps saying 'Insert a disk' even tho there is a disk in
the one*internal drive.* I opened the box and replaced the internal
DVDRW drive connection (which is SATA8) with another DVDRW drive.* The
BIOS acts the same, and the drive again will boot.* However file
explorer now shows a second drive F with a disk in it (which there
is).* It will read the disk.* It will play an audio*CD and a video DVD
therein. Still shows the strange Drive P.
II think I need to replace the internal DVDRW drive with the second
one.* No choice.* But what is file explorer *drive P?* It does
nothing seemingly.

Thanks
Sam