Old December 8th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
123

Default P4C800-e and X-Fi

Hi

Installed the X-Fi, and the onboard sound also still works. I use the X-Fi
for all audio playback. The onboard sound card is used for recording. Works
like a charm, and there were no tricks involved.

"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
You CANNOT use both the onboard sound and a soundcard at the same time.

--
DaveW

----------------
"123" wrote in message
Hi

Is it possible to install a Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card and also use
the onboard SoundMAX card as well. I have a Antec 160 case and would like
to keep using the front Audio connectors, and the Sound Blaster does not
seem to have the correct pins for the front panel. I would also like to
have my microphone plugged into the onboard sound card and my spdif
connection in the Sound Blaster. The Sound Blaster only has one port for
the microphone and digital out.

--
Regards

Brett

"Bacon and eggs. A lifetime commitment for a pig, a day's work for a
chicken"