Old March 1st 04, 09:12 PM
John

problem. the system is dell v350. the bios tells nothing about hard drive
dvd/cdrom etc. not even the screen showing what it has.

the drive has been placed into another system with no problem. separate
cable as well.

but i would like to use that dvd rom has the drive to install operating
systems with. reason why i am using the drive.

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:06:07 -0600, "John" wrote:

i am trying to place a dvd rom into an older system (350mhz.) friends
system.

but the system tells me that it does not see it.

is this because the bios does not see it?

tried to boot with windows me startup disk, which sayes that it is not
there.

Are you sure it works?
Check the jumpers on it, and if it's on same cable as another drive, check
the jumpers on the other drive as well.

If you enter the BIOS it should be detected, also shown on the initial
POST enumeration screen if that's visible during the pre-boot sequence.

If all else fails you might try hooking the drive up to another system to
be sure it's working properly.