Old August 25th 18, 04:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Default 128GB Flash Drives Any Good?

Once upon a time on usenet wasbit wrote:
wrote in message
I just noticed am abundance of large capacity (128GB) flash drives on
the market quite cheap. I guess I just missed them. I had trouble
in the past with the smaller ones, so I wonder if these larger ones
are worth a trial?

Already been through this with Paul elsewhere so just for the benefit
of those that didn't see that conversation ....

I was bought a 1TB (1000/1024 GB) USB thumb drive as a present. It was
extremely cheap from a Chinese seller.

Please define "extremely cheap". Cheers.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Sorry, I no longer have the
details but they were posted previously for the world to see.
To try to verify its capacity I managed to scrape together about
500GB of files to copy to the drive & IIRC that took a couple of days.
Paul then showed me how to produce dummy files from the Command line.
I think I managed to get up to 800GB on the drive before I had to
give up because of time pressures. The write rate is somewhere around
6.5MB/sec - very slow.
Probably luck that I received a good one but they are out there if
you look carefully.