Old August 15th 18, 10:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
wasbit[_4_]

Default 128GB Flash Drives Any Good?

wrote in message
I just noticed am abundance of large capacity (128GB) flash drives on
the market quite cheap. I guess I just missed them. I had trouble in
the past with the smaller ones, so I wonder if these larger ones are
worth a trial?

Already been through this with Paul elsewhere so just for the benefit of
those that didn't see that conversation ....

I was bought a 1TB (1000/1024 GB) USB thumb drive as a present. It was
extremely cheap from a Chinese seller. Sorry, I no longer have the details
but they were posted previously for the world to see.
To try to verify its capacity I managed to scrape together about 500GB of
files to copy to the drive & IIRC that took a couple of days.
Paul then showed me how to produce dummy files from the Command line. I
think I managed to get up to 800GB on the drive before I had to give up
because of time pressures. The write rate is somewhere around 6.5MB/sec -
very slow.
Probably luck that I received a good one but they are out there if you look
carefully.

--
Regards
wasbit