Old November 30th 17, 03:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Laptop charger?

On 26/11/2017 6:57 AM, Paul wrote:
I checked mine on the Kill-A-Watt. I always wanted one of these,
but had to wait until a retailer here started carrying them.

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html

My battery should be somewhere between 70-80% and
the charging ramped pretty slowly from 0 over about 20 seconds,
before it got to 46W and then the power gradually backed off
to around 32W before I stopped the test. Maybe it's
in topping-off mode (CV) or something ? Before deciding
to do this test, I thought it would still be in CC mode
for the state of charge I was expecting in the battery.

My quick test doesn't have a "characteristic value" to speak
of, and I'd have to drain the battery to do a more "honest"
test of what the value actually is.

And when operating, I don't think my laptop will allow
the adapter to go all the way to 65W. I think it caps
demand at a lesser value. I would expect the battery
to charge slower while the CPU is running.

If I were to guess where the battery is on mine right now,
it's probably right near where the vertical line is at 1.3 hours.
It's in CV mode, and the current flow is declining.

http://batteryuniversity.com/_img/content/ion1.jpg

So anyway, my peak with CPU off was 46W, for whatever
that is worth.

Paul

I was thinking of going for a 90W replacement battery, rather than the
standard 65W, just for some additional capacity just in case. But it
looks like it may not even be necessary?

--
Sent from Giganews on Thunderbird on my Toshiba laptop