Old November 25th 17, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Laptop charger?

On 22/11/2017 12:41 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
I realize this is not really a homebuilt PC question, but it is a PC
hardware question. I got a laptop that doesn't seem to charge its
battery while it's running. You need to completely shutdown the machine,
and leave it plugged in, and it'll recharge only then. If you are
running the machine with the cord plugged in, and if the charge is
anything below 100% charged, it will say that it's charging, but it
actually keeps losing its charge (for example, you might see it going
down from 75% to 74%, etc.). It will not charge while the machine is
running. Is this a problem with the power brick, or is it something
within the laptop circuitry itself, do you think?

Yousuf Khan

So one utility is telling me that the charger is putting out a maximum
of 28 W while charging. I'm pretty sure in the past it put out way more
power than that especially when charging at lower battery charges, and
it would then switch down to lower trickle charging when it was getting
near 100% full. 28 W probably isn't enough to run the system and charge
the battery at the same time, I would gather?

--
Sent from Giganews on Thunderbird on my Toshiba laptop