Old November 9th 12, 02:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default Precision M6500 - screen shut off

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:30:26 PM UTC-5, Justin wrote:
On 11/8/2012 12:03 AM, Ben Myers wrote:

On Wednesday, November 7, 2012 2:34:59 PM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:

I think that a high heat shutdown is a hard shutdown, rather than

a sleep mode.

The response to high but not excessively high heat is to slow

down the processor.

The screen not coming on might be a software screwup. I've seen

that a few times and it didn't recur.

Hibernation is not especially reliable with Windows... Ben Myers

Is anything reliable with Windows?

It's 99.99% reliable. It's just that we all keep stumbling across the 0.01% regularly... Ben