Old June 9th 10, 09:08 AM posted to comp.os.linux.setup,alt.comp.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Needmore help pls

On Jun 8, 5:12*pm, J G Miller wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 06:35:46 -0700, RayLopez99 wrote:
I also want to install OpenOffice 1.0, which is the only thing that will
run on this old hardware...

If you only need to prepare and read documents, have you considered
abiword instead?

* * * * http://www.abisource.COM/

Yes, I would like to try this program. Can you please tell me how to
install it? It would literally be my first Linux program I installed
(other than what I did with RHAT over 10 years ago, which I don't
remember). Would it, for example (I am using default directory names
that came with installation for Damn Small Linux) go under "/sbin"?
Do I log in under 'root' (http://www.linfo.org/root.html), then what,
drag and drop (i.e., copy) the executable binary I download from
abisource.com to what directory?

Thanks in advance,

RL