Old August 10th 10, 09:40 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Nate Edel

Default Toms benches Atom against P4

Robert Myers wrote:
Somewhere along the way, Linux acquired the same kind of bloat as
Windows, so that I finally gave one of my P4 boxes away because it was
just too painful to use, even for Linux. A dual core atom nettop
would probably still perform acceptably--for a while.

Depends on what you're doing with Linux. KDE and Gnome acquired bloat (KDE
tremendously so!), but if you're willing to run a less Windows-y desktop,
you can still run Linux on amazingly lightweight hardware.

The other problem is finding an unbloated browser.

--
Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/
preferred email |