Old February 13th 04, 08:26 PM
Ian

(Ian) wrote in message . com...
(QrizB) wrote in message ...
On 31 Jan 2004 08:43:48 -0800,
(Ian) wrote:

The fault as described did not show up until December. Now Maplin
clearly state on their receipts that they will not take responsability
for ny item after 14 days - that's ********, as there's the statutory
28 period under UK law.

No there isn't.

However, the Sale of Goods Act (as amended) does allow you to claim
for a range of faults for up to 6 years from purchase. And during the
first 6 months it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods aren't
faulty, rather than vice-versa.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm

Right, cheers for that - I'll dig out the receipt and nip down to
Maplins tomorrow...

Ian

Back to Maplins, sent off for testing - NO FAULT!!!!!

(So why a fault with two differnt configurations when I tested it???)

....anyway, back it comes, I try it and lo and behold, it works
perfectly!!!

Then comes the real shocker...

The ATI / Sapphire Radeon 9200SE card I bought as a cheapo replacement
(£44.99) stuffs the expensive Pine Geforce FX5200 card (£69.99) into
submission, throws it around the room a bit, whacks into orbit and
gives it another demonstration of what a fantastic graphics card it is
when the Geforce card lands...

For example, Radeon card, Prince of Persia perfectly playable.

Geforce Card, jerky graphics due to lack of processing power.

Tom's Hardware had the Geforce card as being the better and I
genuinely though that the Geforce was the better of cards. Guess
I've been taught a lesson not to believe everything I hear / read...

Ian