Old October 13th 04, 12:58 PM
HH

I really doubt the chipset, likely an Intel 440LX will support faster than a
PII 333 on that model..
HH

"tonygibbs16" wrote in message
om...
Dear group,

I am trying to upgrade a friend of mine's computer from a Pentium II
266 MHz Slot-1 to a Pentium III 450 MHz slot-1 processor.

I have a processor that works, and have already run into the SDRAMs
only being PC66 DIMMs, rather than PC100 for the 100 MHz FSB.

However, I don't know what the pin-out of the 4 pin header for the CPU
fan is on the motherboard.

The Pentium III processor has a 3-pin connector on it, for +12v, 0v
and strobe.

But what are the pins that I need to connect these to on the
motherboard?

If anyone can help me with this, then it would be good.

Please let me know what you know.

Regards,
Tony