Old October 25th 18, 01:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:43:31 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

Didn't look too hard did you? ;-)

I guess not. I thought I did. My senility is really affecting me.
Old age is terrible. Just wait.................

Go to
https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/ and look for the links to the
online manual. I have the identical KVM myself but couldn't locate the
original manual on a bit.

Since you have the IOGEAR GCS1774 4-port USB KVM switch do you have
the same confusion that I do.? Or does anyone else?

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.
Thanks
Al