Old August 17th 15, 08:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Foxconn motherboard bios updated today ! ;) (MB: NF4SK8AA-8KRS) (BIOS: 538W1P32.BIN)

Hmmm.. spoke too soon...

First windows live mail kept running for 30 seconds or so at 50%.

And now windows update svchost.exe is running again... and plug and play
still too..

So system back at 100% usage.

I am starting to dislike the following about windows 7:

1. Hidden services and processes running without a GUI, secretly consuming
CPU.

2. Processes which were terminated but still consume CPU.

My advice/wish for Microsoft:

3. Either ban services. Or make it mandatory for each service to have some
kind of GUI so that user can see what's going on.

Cause right now... gaming for me could be dangerous... it could create too
much heat...

Fortunately it's very cool outside for probably not that much of a
problem... but game might lag...

I also dislike how windows might trigger windows updates while gaming
without any kind of notification.

I guess I could use windows task manager (which I actually dragged into the
task bar... but that was kinda cool it adds an icon to it ! Try it ! )
to inspect services and stuff..

(I also saw somebody drag an image into google on tv for finding it...
didn't try it yet... but that could be cool, maybe it's IE only though).

But that's kinda lame to use windows task manager... it doesn't give enough
information... and then I have to go to resources monitor which is a bit
better... but a bit too technical and deeply hiding for most users I guess..

Then again with all services running all those guis could get excessive but
still could be nice...

Maybe one little icon in the system tray: "services" icon.

Where people can then inspect which services are actually running/consuming
CPU and what the hell it is they are doing ?!

Should be optionally though... that deeper insight... it could consume even
more CPU... hmm..

Might be hard to write software to output strings for information and
such... could get excessive...

But perhaps throttle that output a bit... hmmm

Or skip stuff if throttle/bucket can't keep up... that might work yeah !

Throttle output messages like network packets and a throttle...

Only put them in a queue or something if throttle allows it otherwise skip
them... to prevent big CPU hit from massive ammounts of strings

Cheaper to check a bucket I think

Anyway so much for implementation advice...

See ya later alligators ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D