Old December 30th 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John B. Egger

Default 5 1/4" floppy on 4122

- Bobb - wrote:

You're using a cable with a twist ?! - sheesh - that's gotta be 20+
years old.
Borrow a floppy cable from another Pc for 10 minutes and :
check the jumper on the drive ( master/slave- is there one on there ??)
and use the borrwoed( known good) cable - can you see drive now ?

Can't switch cables, Bob; ones with 17-pin connectors are hard to come
by. I'd thrown all of mine out. This one was mailed to me by a friend
from another newsgroup.

I found a jumper block on the bottom of the TEAC 5.25" drive, with the
jumper on DS1. I tried booting with no jumper, DS0, and DS2, and they
all resulted in no floppy drive at all being installed. Only DS1 shows
one as existing, and it shows up as a 1.44M 3.5".

--
--John
Registered Linux User #291592