Old July 12th 05, 04:33 AM

On 11 Jul 2005 19:15:01 -0700, "Random Person"
wrote:

Hi. I recently thought my Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner was dead.
However, I tested it on my old computer (a Dell Dimension XPS B866) and
it worked fine. On my new computer, when I try to scan, it says it
can't detect the scanner and that I should check the cables.

My motherboard is an Abit NF7 and my O/S is Win XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Besides getting updated drivers ---- I bought a cheaper HP and Epson
right before WIN XP came out . The lower end HPs were notorious for
having lots of problems with various PCs. The USB and parallel port
interfaces they were using caused lots of problems. They phased out
the parallel port versions but the early USB really caused weird
erratic problems too. Both my Epson and HP had problems. My Epson
worked fine with WIN ME but was so erratic the 1250 with WIN XP I
finally gave up after 6 months of reinstalling various drivers over
and over and over again trying to make it work consistently.

After buying a Canon 3000ex its a piece of cake. No problems
whatsoever. I ended up throwing away the HP and Epson.