Old April 28th 16, 04:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Tony

Default Rotating/interchanging toner/drums?

Micky wrote:
[Default] On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:09:23 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

Micky wrote:
Is it possible to remove a partially emptied toner/drum from a B&W
laser printer, put in a new one and use that for a while, reinsert the
old one for a while, and then change to the new one again? Etc.

This is an old Samsung ML-4500 printer, which was printing too light,
but consistently, I thought, across the whole page. You guys....

Be careful.
The cartridge is chipped which means that the printer knows which cartridge
is
in the machine. I do not know whether the printer will work with the old
cartrdige once the new one is used. With much older printers the answer was
yes
it would work, with newer printers the answer is yes it probably will work.
You
will need to try I'm afraid.
Tony

The printer is from about 2000. That's before chips, right?

No there were a few then with chips and see
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TY-S4...709598805.html
Tony