Old September 23rd 20, 10:30 AM posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,alt.comp.hardware
Stephane Tougard

Default Star Lite Linux laptop

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.hardware.]
On 2020-09-23, Tiger Taurus wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these? Any good?
https://starlabs.systems/pages/lite-mk-iii

I was asking if anyone who reads this group has had personal experience
with it. Rather sassy of you to imply that I don't know how to use a
search engine.

I did not even know the brand, just watching the web site and already I
can see that the keyboard sucks at very best. I would not say much on
the screen, I notice that they don't say how many nits it gives, which
is not a very good sign.

Capacities are impressive for the price, I would not trust this kind of
hardware on the long run. I prefer to pay expensive and get the quality,
I work only with Thinkpad so far but I'm still waiting for an
alternative (through the keyboard of the last X1 sucks).

Beside that, I guess nobody has tried one of those because they are on
Pre-order only. But I'm curious to get some feedback as well.