Old September 12th 05, 11:04 PM
S.Lewis

wrote in message
Ben Myers writes:

Ben Just as others have stated, I would discourage long-term use of ZIP
cartridges.
Ben They have low capacity nowadays, and reliability of the drives has
been none too
Ben hot either.

Ben If your goal is to simply get her data onto the new PC, perhaps the
easiest way
Ben is to get external USB case which houses 3.5" drives. Mount the
drive in the
Ben case, plug it in, and go. The old drive has such low capacity as
to be fairly
Ben useless on a modern computer... Ben Myers

I will probably convert her to jump drives.

She is quite ill (cancer), and very stressed out.
I want to have things change as little as possible
for her.

Andrew,

Best to you and your mom. I understand how "keeping things the same" and
minimizing change is a desirable thing. The 5100 (I think) has only (1) IDE
channel, and that's IDE 2 for the optical drives.

It will work but you may have to replace the Dell OEM IDE2 cable so that the
"slave" connect will reach the bay in which the Zip will be located.

Stew