Old June 2nd 04, 11:32 AM
Goldy

I replaced my 5 gig with 20gig toshiba on my 1200 xl118
no problems at all . the pheonix bios f10 (I believe) recognized it right
off.

"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
I fitted a 40GB HDD to my 12XL212 with no problems.

Alan

HH wrote:
The top of the 1200 series line, the 1279, had only a 4.8GB drive, so

there
may be an 8 GB drive size limit in BIOS on the series. There is no way

tell for sure if this is the case or not. If you could find an 8 GB

drive,
or a 10 GB drive (only 8 GB might be recognized) you could replace the
original 4GB drive. As an alternative, you could use drive overlay

software
(available from the HD manufacturer) and install a larger drive, but

this
would slow down an already slow hard drive.
HH

"Bill Middleton" wrote in message

Hi, I am giving my granddaughter my old 1255 LT and was wondering if

there
is anyway to upgrade the 4GB HD internally - do not wish to use a USB
external HD

TIA

Bill M.