Old June 2nd 04, 11:27 AM
HH

Uh, the original 1200 Series and the later 12XL series are totally different
animals. The 12XL2XX models were introduced in the summer of 2000. The 1255
was introduced in January of 1999. I'm not saying flat out that a larger
than 8GB drive won't work, just that I have doubts.
HH

"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
I fitted a 40GB HDD to my 12XL212 with no problems.

Alan

HH wrote:
The top of the 1200 series line, the 1279, had only a 4.8GB drive, so

there
may be an 8 GB drive size limit in BIOS on the series. There is no way

tell for sure if this is the case or not. If you could find an 8 GB

drive,
or a 10 GB drive (only 8 GB might be recognized) you could replace the
original 4GB drive. As an alternative, you could use drive overlay

software
(available from the HD manufacturer) and install a larger drive, but

this
would slow down an already slow hard drive.
HH

"Bill Middleton" wrote in message

Hi, I am giving my granddaughter my old 1255 LT and was wondering if

there
is anyway to upgrade the 4GB HD internally - do not wish to use a USB
external HD

TIA

Bill M.