Old July 31st 03, 11:05 AM
Gereon Wenzel

Taff Silver schrieb:

Well I've had a look at the FAQ tried the BIOS files available at compaq but
still have no luck in accessing the BIOS. when i use the software to check
the computer settings I get a fault report that says that it is not possible
on this type of machine. ANYONE ANY IDEA'S WHAT I CAN DO.
All I want to do is install a soundcard.

You won't need any BIOS acess for installing a soundcard.
Depending on your type of machine (there are dozens of differnt Deskpro)
For some of the older ones (DP 5100, 2000, 4000,-...)there is no onboard
BIOS setup,
you will need to find the matching setup disk enabling you to set up
a (bioslike) F10 utility partition.
Or just run setup from the Floppy.

Gereon