Old January 8th 06, 08:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Convert DVD to CD? (large .cab file)

....or the installer won't work with cab's spanning multiple disks:
perhaps indicated in advance via the way it's newly marketed as one
disc, so the included installer didn't need programming to accommodate
that like the original multi-disk set... There is no indication yet
that Roxio is broken in this case.

Tim K

"Sunny" wrote in message

Does Roxio 6 file splitting/reassembly actually work?

Perhaps get a clue from this?

======================================
From: "Terry Vacha"
Date: 5/23/04
Subject: spanning does not burn 1st CD

I'm using Creator Classic which is part of the Roxio Easy CD &

DVD
Creator 6 package.

When I back up files with Roxio software, basic version, it

often
indicates that the project will require 3 or 4 CDs. When I start
the burn to CD, after the first CD is burned, a notice comes up

on
the screen saying that the second CD has been burned correctly.
After two CDs are burned, the 3 CD project is considered

finished
by Roxio. Sure enough, it never burned the first CD. I've done
this several times and several different ways including
reinstalling Roxio software. I have also downloaded all of the
upgrades allowable with my "basic" version. What is going on
here?? Do I have some "preference" incorrectly set?

Nope, no clues there. It burned both CDs.

I copied both CDs to hard disc and reassembled the large .cab file

using
copy /b. The resulting file was identical to the original, and the

maps
install just fine from it.

Conclusion: Roxio 6.1.1.48 file splitting works, but reassembly is
broken and has to be done manually.

Sunny