Old December 27th 04, 01:27 PM
Martin

That doesn't help either...

"Martin" wrote in message
It's on the regular controller. Even if I disconnect the drives on the
raid connectors I get the same problems.

I only use the raid for the extra connectors, not as a raid array.

Hmmm. I'll try disabling write caching on the main disk from Device
Manager, see what that does.

Martin.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
news

You didn't say if this drive is on the regular controller or the raid
controller. I had win 98 SE on the raid controller(not a raid aray)
and tried to install Win XP as a dual boot system. I had to move the
drive to the regular controller in order to install xp. I haven't
really done much with the xp, but it looks like xp doesn't like the
raid controller. I didn't move the drive back to the raid controller
after installing xp.

Jonathan

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:47:06 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Hi. I wonder if anyone here has the solution to the problems I am
experiencing with this motherboard?

When playing mp3 files, avi files or games, the system locks up after a
period between 20 and 60 minutes.
Sometimes it completely locks up and I have to cut the power.
Sometimes it reboots itself immediately.
Most times when playing mp3s, Media Player (or WinAmp, or Nero Showtime)
locks up and there is a buzzing, or rapid ticking, sound.
Sometimes it stops when I close Media Player, other times it continues.
Either way I have to reboot to get sound working again.

It does the above even with only one drive connected.