Old December 11th 18, 04:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default What's the difference between these two memories ?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 09:43:56 -0500, Paul
wrote:

Shadow wrote:
https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/507...d-hx318c10fr-4
https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/507...k-hx318c10fb-4

Other than the price ?

I downloaded the Kingston specs

https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/07/e9/07...f10cf84f67.pdf

Which says:

Latency CL9-11
Voltage 1.35V, 1.5V

It does not help at all in knowing if I can add a stick or
two.

My current memory is KHX1866C10D3/4G
Number of banks 8
Nominal Voltage 1.50 Volts
(CPU-Z output)
TIA
[]'s

Kingston has specs right on their own web site.

50758 HX318C10FR/4 CAS10 1866 1.35V RS220
50759 HX318C10FB/4 CAS10 1866 1.5V RS247

The available information only lists 1.5V products.

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX318C10FR_4.pdf

Exactly the same as
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX318C10FB_4.pdf

The article here suggests the heat spreader color
is for "taste" in PC construction. Four colors are
available in all. The heat spreader color is not intended
as a voltage indicator.

--- slight cut

If you need to save a few bucks by buying the 1.35V
RAM, you can. But be prepared for the system to black
screen and not POST properly. You may have to send the
RAM back, if your BIOS does not like it. There is no
way to know in advance, whether the BIOS is ready for it.

If it's not 1.5V I can send it back, since that's what they
specify on the page. That's the law out here.

Características:
- Marca: HyperX
- Modelo: HX318C10FR/4

Especificações:
- Tipo: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
- Capacidade: 4GB
- Aceleração: DDR3 1866
- Cas Latência: 10
- Tensão: 1.5V ---------

It's also possible, if the motherboard has a BIOS upgrade,
that the BIOS could be modified to "ignore" the
voltage field. And then any configuration of DIMMs
would work with less trouble than the above example.

HTH,
Paul

It does. TY for the links and info.
I'll go for the cheaper offer. And let you know how it worked
out.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004