Old July 1st 18, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:03:43 -0400, Bill wrote:

I use CCleaner everyday to purge my browsing history, etc.
It used to run faster. It takes quite a while to even remove
"counters.dat", whatever that is. I don't remember it being an
issue before. Evidently, I can accumulate 2000-8000 "tracking
files" without even doing a lot of browsing (how is this
possible?). I don't even use the IE browser, yet it seems to
takes a while to remove Internet explorer data. It is true that
I am using an older version of the CCleaner app, but I don't
believe this is the issue. Thank you for your guidance!

Bill

I assigned HotKeys to a suitable freeware utility, Cntr_Alt_Key for
bringing up batch, or CMD, file(s). I navigate [CD ;REM change
directory] to any directories, deleting [DEL *.* /...] as needed
browser program artifacts. In another instance, I use Beyond Compare,
a freeware synchronization tool, for the browser as installed and set
up as I like, prior to connection. When the hotkey is initiated and
up the browser called, the CMD/BAT overwrites (viz Beyond Compare) a
prior session, occupying a different working directory, from a that
steady-state definition directory aforementioned, which then occurs at
the working directory being hotkeyed, just prior to the browser
executable, again in the work directory, being called.

Something along how CCleaner is intended, I suppose. A little more
encompassing and at times beyond even Beyond Compare, as I treat three
browsers in a similar manner. Except in an instance of one involving
relay nodes (similar to a VPN), basically similar to the above but for
two stages, as that particular browsers needs be taken back, erasures
devolving into a further "pristine restorative" state, as the relays
all have to be granted permission and contacted online for their
validity.