Old July 1st 18, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:03:43 -0400, Bill wrote:

| I use CCleaner everyday to purge my browsing history, etc.
| It used to run faster. It takes quite a while to even remove
| "counters.dat", whatever that is. I don't remember it being an
| issue before. Evidently, I can accumulate 2000-8000 "tracking
| files" without even doing a lot of browsing (how is this
| possible?). I don't even use the IE browser, yet it seems to
| takes a while to remove Internet explorer data. It is true that
| I am using an older version of the CCleaner app, but I don't
| believe this is the issue. Thank you for your guidance!
|
| Bill

You don't set your browser to delete your browsing history when you close it? Firefox
on my systems is set to clear everything except cookies for sites I visit often.
When I run CCleaner, it usually deletes almost nothing from Firefox. I run the free
version of CCleaner only before each backup, but keep it up to date. It runs
quickly.

Larc