Old June 10th 18, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Upgrading USB 2 to USB 3 ports on a computer case

Paul wrote:

But I read the request as being the addition of
USB3 to the front of the computer.

Me, too.

For that, you use either the 20 pin pin header
standard (carries two USB3), or, if you can find
it, some trays use standard USB3 connectors
for the extension cable, and then you need a
USB3 card with standard USB3 connectors on
the inside of the computer. I didn't see any
examples of those when looking, and looping
cables through an open slot on the back of
the computer is an ugly solution.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIA1DS0DV6321
(I've not used this brand)

Has a 20-pin (only 19 pins needed and provided) for the doubled USB 3
port on the backside (internal) of the card, along with the 2 rear USB3
ports. However, just a PCI-e 1x card. The OP has not yet mentioned if
he has any free PCI-e slots.