Old February 18th 18, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default AMD and a hot date to flirt at the horrorshow

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 01:58:20 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

(HexDump seldom-crashed messaged bits&pieces)

Another aspect (I lost from the original message) was SpeedFan's
inclusion, apparently, of all four sensors;- CoreTemp uses but one,
per se, the "Core" Temp. Of all sensors, a lowest AMD "CPU Package",
variously labeled for Core is at some offset, as well [unpublished by
AMD] a discrepancy for listed at variances between 10-20C, an apparent
average of 15 C being a matter of useful interpretation.

When I loaded all cores, through software capable of stressing them
over distributed encodes, I read a 119 F temperature. Presumably
TMPIN2, or the higher, e.g. of Core, AKA (per tester CPU Package),
Core being in the low 70's F (ambient TMPIN0). However significantly
above AMD's accuracy threshold of 40 C, yet in no sense a precise
reflection, for the sensor TMPIN2 then to appear of most practical
significance for use as a warning or danger indication. And not Core.
(TMPIN0 is effectively useless to me as I don't use a design intent of
computer cases anymore. No different than a thermometer inside a
clock on the wall, I haven't side-panels to my cases.)