Old January 15th 05, 07:39 PM
Don Burnette

Default Need advice: Considering returning to Nvidia with the 6600GT

Hi all,

I have been away from Nvidia since moving to ATI with the 9700 Pro.
Currently, I have a 9800 Pro 128 mb card.

I am about to order the parts to udgrade to an Athlon 64 bit socket 754
system.

I will be going with the 3400 Newcastle core, and an Asus Nforce3 socket 754
mb. I will wait on the 939/pci express until the dust settles in a year or
so.

I am thinking the 9800 Pro will become a bottleneck in the above system. I
figure since I will be starting with a new XP Pro install, would be a good
time for a diff vid card as well.

To help keep cost down, I am looking at the XFX 6600 GT 256 mb agp card,
Newegg currently has for 225 bucks.
Am I correct in thinking I will see a significant performance gain? I mainly
due flight simming for gaming.

Would appreciate any feedback, especially from those coming from ATI to
Nvidia now.

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."