Old July 22nd 19, 12:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Default MSI B450-A PRO doesn't recognize external HDD via esata-sata

On 21/07/2019 2:23 AM, MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi Paul, sorry for delay. I see your explanation about USB-SATA only. What about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM3DDZS
I couldn't understand if it works SATA-USB only like the one of my previous post. Title says "USB 2.0 to IDE SATA" but I wait for your reply.
Anyway do you know if there're such converters USB-SATA?

I'll say it again: I would try a PCIe to eSATA expansion card and eSATA / eSATA cable. It seems to
me like you're trying to do everything but the right thing.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville