Old September 28th 03, 03:19 PM
HH

What Operating System is installed? Tte 4504 came with a 33.6 Winmodem. You
might be better off pulling it and installing a $10 Intel V90 modem. I've
bought 4 of them from www.axiontech.com and they work great and come with a
driver CD.
HH

"Bill W" wrote in message
news
My daughter was given a Compaq Presario 4504 for school. She could not

get
on the internet with AOL. In troubleshooting the problem, I found that no
modem was listed in device manager. An internal modem card is installed.
When I go to install the modem and choose the Compaq, I am faced with
choosing from a list of Compaq modems. Which Compaq modem should I be
chosing from the list presented and am I correct in assuming it will use

COM
1 port. I have spent the better part of this evening searching the Compaq
site for documentation on the Presario 4504 to no avail. I would greatly
appreciate any help anyone could provide.

Regards,
Bill