Old January 14th 06, 01:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Presario 6000 - Base?

HH Wrote:
www.crucial.com

HH

"Parts Manager" wrote in message
...-
I have a Compaq Presario 6000 here that I am working with and it only
has
128mb ram ( I really thought the base systems had more than this) but
that
is what the system resources say. I cannot be sure that at one time
this
machine had more than this, just that this is what it has now. I also
have
no manual for it.

Tim

-

I also have a 6000 series It has two memory slots,originaly mine had
256mb as standard. I have just installed two 512mb cards in it and it's
fine.I was told that this motherboard will only accept non-ecc memory.
The ecc memory will not work in it,whether this is true or not I dont
know as the cards I fitted were NON-ECC. Hope this is of some help

--
Alan